Saturday, July 07, 2007

End of a Chapter!

There is a line in Jaggu Da's ghazal..
"gairo ko kab fursat hai dukh dene ki.. jab hota hai koi hamdam hota hai.."

A week back the cold war finally got over - or so it seems. I had lost my friendship years back, but the hope that I lived in since then finally gave up.

I once stretched my hand to pull my friend out from the pits. But somehow it was taken as a hand stretched to push one deeper in the pits. This hit me fiercely. It shook my confidence and belief. When I heard the words "..and you expect me to believe that", I smiled. It was a slap on my face.

I have always been true to myself. At times, I have spoken the truth without even thinking. Ofcourse, I make sure I dont spill others' secrets, but when it comes to myself, I have been always been open. Irrespective of this, when a close friend questions your honesty, no words can describe how hard it hits.

Nonetheless, I have learnt over the years that no matter what the situation is.. good or bad.. it shall pass and it did. It also gave me greater confidence and belief eventually. Jaggu Da mentions in one of his ghazals "mein jaanta hun aapko sahaare ki jarurat nahi.. mein sirf saath dene aaya hun".

Anyways, the chapter seems to be over. Life has moved rapidly recently and have made wonderful friends. I love all of you and will be just a call away whenever you need me. It means a lot to me to have such great friends. The confidence that someone believes in you is amazing. I thank Ma for being extremely kind to me and giving me the strength to fight and destroy all storms. I love challenges and will surely prefer to burn out than fade away!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Ritu said...

chapters begin and chapters end...its' only the lessons learnt that'll be with us always...so learn, smile and move ahead...and smile...:)